- Main Page - Accueil
- Contact Us - Contactez-nous
- About Us - Qui sommes-nous
- Communications M&O
- At work - Au travail
- Conference Minutes - Procès-verbals
- AGA 2011 AGM
- AGA 2010 AGM
- AGA 2012 AGM
- Employment - Emploi
- Forms - Formulaires
- Resources - Ressources
- Calendar - Calendrier
- E-Newsletters - Bulletins électroniques
- Truth & Reconcilliation
- Clarion - Le Clairon
- Glossary - Glossaire
- Stewardship - L'intendance
- Liturgy - Liturgie
- Copyright - Useful Info
- Links - Liens
- YAYA - JEJA
- AGA 2013 AGM
- Registration - Inscription
- Registration - YAYA / Inscription - JEJA
- Eric Law: Public Event - Événement Public
- Proposals - Propositions
- Report Book - Cahier des Rapports
- Schedule - Horaire
- Workshops - Ateliers
- Worship at home - Célébration chez nous
- T-Shirts - Gaminets
- Map - Carte
- Rosemary's Philippine Blog
Knitting and Crocheting For a Warmer World General Council 41 / August 11th – 18th / Ottawa A Outreach Project that needs the he
Submitted by Lachine on Thu, 2012-04-12 12:37.
During the time that General Council 41 is taking place those delegates that love to knit and crochet will be making items such as toques, scarves and mittens that will go to some of our Mission and Service partners in Montreal and Ottawa Conference.
Recipients of the knitted and crocheted items would be:
House of Lazarus
St. Columba House
Others will be added to the list if we are made aware of their needs.
We will need everyone’s help to accomplish a project of this size.
We know that churches and people who knit often receive bags of unused yarn. If you have unused yarn, crochet or knitting needles or easy patterns you no longer use they will be put to beneficial use at GC41.
If you also love to knit or crochet and would like to use to your talents to touch the lives as strangers please feel free to knit scarves, toques and mitts and have them delivered to the drop off centres listed below.
Drop off centres for materials will be at:
– Our two regional conference offices – Ottawa (6 Epworth Ave. Nepean) and Montreal (225-50e Avenue Lachine)
– Presbytery meetings
– Annual General Meeting held at the end of May, 2012
Spread the word and start collecting yourself. Next winter will be so much warmer for adults and children in the Montreal and Ottawa Conference because of this project.
Coordinator for Knitting and Crocheting For a Warmer World
Montreal and Ottawa Conference - Mission and Service Support
|knitting for a warmer world poster.doc||147 KB|